> An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

Pages: 1

........................................................................

StudSupreme
#1 2007-11-04 18:04:23

An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

A most interesting, thorough, analytical, non-polemical study of Islam:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Re … 90FCCCD0D}

There's a link to the research website as well.

........................................................................

kckitty
#2 2007-11-04 19:18:49

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

That was interesting...

........................................................................

Zathrus
#3 2007-11-04 19:19:31

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

Well, lets see. If we do a statistical analysis of the bible, we find God killing unbelievers 99% of the time, and only a couple statements from Jesus concerning the Golden Rule.

........................................................................

StudSupreme
#4 2007-11-04 20:02:45

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

Zathrus wrote:

Well, lets see. If we do a statistical analysis of the bible, we find God killing unbelievers 99% of the time, and only a couple statements from Jesus concerning the Golden Rule.

Again, please feel free to prove that your statement is not vacuous, vapid and cretinous.

........................................................................

Zathrus
#5 2007-11-04 21:24:06

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

StudSupreme wrote:

Again, please feel free to prove that your statement is not vacuous, vapid and cretinous.

Well, first off, you have to understand that there are different words meaning unbelievers in Arabic. Of course, your guy immediately says he's not going to pay attention to Arabic. The Muslims draw a big difference between pagans, people that worshiped the primitive Arabic gods, and the "People of the Book", that is, people like Christians and Jews who believe in Abraham and the other major figures in the Koran. Your guy seems to have lumped them all together.

Any analysis of modern political Islam has to begin with the fact that historically Muslims have been much more tolerant of Christians and even Jews than Christians have been of Muslims and Jews. And, of course, the good ones do. Have you ever heard of even bin Laden saying he was at war with all Christians? Of course not, bin Laden believes Jesus was a prophet.

This idea that a society has to all be one religion is a very Christian idea. Muslim Spain had both Christians and Jews. Christian Spain could not tolerate the presence of either Muslims or Jews.

You're the one whose religion gives rise to the idea that we're at war with other religions.

Now there's reasons for this. Islam is like Judism in that it concentrates on rituals, prayers, and following various lifestyle laws. Christianity, on the other hand, concentrates more on the way of thought. There's two fancy words to describe this difference, which I fail to remember. :)

This makes Islam more accepting of other religions that have their own rituals and prayers. However, they are not tolerant of presures to change their own rituals, beliefs, and prayers. So they fight back when they see their rulers begin to accept western secular culture. This is exactly what gave rise to political Islam in Iran in the early 1900's.

........................................................................

Zathrus
#6 2007-11-04 21:33:30

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

And, the bottom line is, there's a lot more references to violence and God's vengeance in the bible than there is any mention of peace. Even in the New Testament people have collected dozens of sayings of Jesus referring to violence and using the sword against even the unbeliever in one's family.

........................................................................

StudSupreme
#7 2007-11-04 23:11:19

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

Zathrus wrote:

Well, first off, you have to understand that there are different words meaning unbelievers in Arabic. Of course, your guy immediately says he's not going to pay attention to Arabic. The Muslims draw a big difference between pagans, people that worshiped the primitive Arabic gods, and the "People of the Book", that is, people like Christians and Jews who believe in Abraham and the other major figures in the Koran. Your guy seems to have lumped them all together.

Any analysis of modern political Islam has to begin with the fact that historically Muslims have been much more tolerant of Christians and even Jews than Christians have been of Muslims and Jews. And, of course, the good ones do. Have you ever heard of even bin Laden saying he was at war with all Christians? Of course not, bin Laden believes Jesus was a prophet.

This idea that a society has to all be one religion is a very Christian idea. Muslim Spain had both Christians and Jews. Christian Spain could not tolerate the presence of either Muslims or Jews.

You're the one whose religion gives rise to the idea that we're at war with other religions.

Now there's reasons for this. Islam is like Judism in that it concentrates on rituals, prayers, and following various lifestyle laws. Christianity, on the other hand, concentrates more on the way of thought. There's two fancy words to describe this difference, which I fail to remember. :)

This makes Islam more accepting of other religions that have their own rituals and prayers. However, they are not tolerant of presures to change their own rituals, beliefs, and prayers. So they fight back when they see their rulers begin to accept western secular culture. This is exactly what gave rise to political Islam in Iran in the early 1900's.

You are a BALD FACED LIAR.

Tell us, oh Dhimmicrat, of the Rise of Islam.
Tell us what happened in Mecca when Mohammed purged the city of idolaters and unbelievers, including Jews and Christians.
Tell us what happened in Medina, when the other tribes rejected the new creed of the Quraysh.
Tell us what happened as the Armies of Islam advanced in the Fertile Crescent, and the Levant, in Aleppo, in Damascus, in Alexandria and all the cities of North Africa, in Spain, in Southern France - all lands of Christendom. Tell us how the Mohammedans advanced their 'Religion of Peace' at the edge of the sword and the point of the lance, how their mujaheddin slaughtered those who would not convert, and as they advanced out of Arabia and their numbers became thinner, they imposed their laws on unbelievers, so that as a Dhimmi you were forced under pain of death to live as thus:
1. You may only practice certain designated professions
2. You must wear special clothing to show your caste
3. You can only live in certain neighborhoods/ghettos
4. You are not allowed to proselytize your religion
5. If your temple falls into disrepair, you are not allowed to fix it
6. If a muslim commits a crime against you, you will not have redress thru the courts
7. When a muslim passes by you in the street, you must bow and give way
8. You pay a special 'head tax', and when the head tax is collected from you, you must submit to a public humiliation ceremony, wherein the muslim tax collector pronounces an oath and symbolically chops your head off by striking your neck with the edge of his hand
9. If a Muslim comes to your home seeking shelter, you are required to provide room and board for 3 days

And Tell US, oh Dhimmicrat, how the lands to the East felt the Embrace of Islam.
Tell us of the Persians, whose Zoroastrian temples were destroyed, their priests massacred.
Tell us of the Turkic peoples of Central Asia, many who followed Buddha, and how they were trodden down and butchered by the armies of Islam.
Tell us of the people of the Afghan highlands and the valley of the Indus, Hindus and Buddhists who had their temples and priests purged, their cities sacked, their people slaughtered.

TELL US, OH DHIMMICRAT - of the 100's OF MILLIONS who were slain in the advance of the way of ISLAM, how whole cultures and societies and histories were WIPED OUT WITHOUT A TRACE.

Shall you then tell us of the Seljuk and Ottoman Turks? How, after they laid waste to the Byzantines, their FIRST invasion of the Balkans ended in the deaths of THREE MILLION CHRISTIANS????
Shall you tell us of the Arab slavers, raiding deep into africa from the north and east EVEN TODAY?
Shall you tell us of the near NINETEEN MILLION africans that they took into slavery - as many as the Europeans and Americans (yes, there's detailed records) - and yet, NOWHERE IN THE HOUSE OF ISLAM CAN YOU FIND THEIR DESCENDANTS???????????????????????
AND TODAY - TELL US OF DARFUR! TELL US OF SOMALIA! TELL OF US NIGERIA, OF ALGERIA, OF THAILAND!!!


TELL US OF THE RELIGION OF PEACE, OOOOOH DHIMMICRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

........................................................................

StudSupreme
#8 2007-11-04 23:20:10

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

Zathrus wrote:

And, the bottom line is, there's a lot more references to violence and God's vengeance in the bible than there is any mention of peace. Even in the New Testament people have collected dozens of sayings of Jesus referring to violence and using the sword against even the unbeliever in one's family.

Another BALD FACED LIE, DHIMMICRAT.
Numerous statistical analyses have been done of the Koran. All of them agree that between 80% and 90% of the Quran and the Hadith advocate the murder of non-Muslims. The Old and New Testament are nowhere near that; furthermore, as one proceeds from Old to New Testament, teh God of the Israelites becomes the Benevolent God over all Mankind, advocating peace and love, turning the other cheek, good will towards all men. The Quran goes in exactly the opposite direction.

Do not DARE to compare Christianity with the Death Cult of Islam. The only difference between Islam and the cult of Kali is one of scale.

You should thank God Almighty, whether you believe in him or not, that you grew up in a society with Judeo - Christian values. Otherwise, you'd be an illiterate slave to long-bearded old men, wondering every day whether you'd die of cholera or be executed for some alleged offense against a sheikh or mullah.

........................................................................

ExFCER
#9 2007-11-05 02:54:22

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

This is interesting.  Although I can not comment it’s good to read others ideas.

........................................................................

StudSupreme
#10 2007-11-05 04:36:12

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

ExFCER wrote:

This is interesting.  Although I can not comment it’s good to read others ideas.

Why can you not comment?
The intelligent expression of a carefully researched opinion reflects enormous honor on the opinion-giver.
If you feel that you need to study the subject more carefully, then I encourage you to do so, and also hope that you will return with fruitful comments and engaging dialogue.

........................................................................

ExFCER
#11 2007-11-08 02:31:58

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

StudSupreme wrote:

...I encourage you to do so, and also hope that you will return with fruitful comments and engaging dialogue.

I’m still trying to find a way to express my say with out cliché.

........................................................................

StudSupreme
#12 2007-11-08 07:37:15

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

ExFCER wrote:

I’m still trying to find a way to express my say with out cliché.

Don't worry about cliche.
Spit it out as best you can.

........................................................................

plucky_goatse
#13 2007-11-08 08:16:40

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

........................................................................

Buttplugz
#14 2007-11-08 09:02:00

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

Relgion has killed more people on the planet then anything else.... Hmmm

........................................................................

DV8
#15 2007-11-08 11:17:09

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

StudSupreme wrote:

Another BALD FACED LIE, DHIMMICRAT.
Numerous statistical analyses have been done of the Koran. All of them agree that between 80% and 90% of the Quran and the Hadith advocate the murder of non-Muslims. The Old and New Testament are nowhere near that; furthermore, as one proceeds from Old to New Testament, teh God of the Israelites becomes the Benevolent God over all Mankind, advocating peace and love, turning the other cheek, good will towards all men. The Quran goes in exactly the opposite direction.

Do not DARE to compare Christianity with the Death Cult of Islam. The only difference between Islam and the cult of Kali is one of scale.

You should thank God Almighty, whether you believe in him or not, that you grew up in a society with Judeo - Christian values. Otherwise, you'd be an illiterate slave to long-bearded old men, wondering every day whether you'd die of cholera or be executed for some alleged offense against a sheikh or mullah.

dude, are you sure you didn't OD on fauxnews? even TTD and SIAD have more intelligence.

........................................................................

StudSupreme
#16 2007-11-08 16:33:13

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

DV8 wrote:

dude, are you sure you didn't OD on fauxnews? even TTD and SIAD have more intelligence.

Look who's talking about being stupid, pal.

If you had responded with a cogent argument, you would at least be respected.

But to react with incredulity spawned from ignorance hardly does you any credit.

........................................................................

PelvicOarfish
#17 2017-02-18 03:57:37

Re: An intelligent, thoughtful, rational analysis

........................................................................

Pages: 1